Richard is a well-established accounting professional, providing taxation, business and valuation services to a broad range of clients. As a director of West Carr & Harvey since 1982, he comes from the fifth generation of Carrs in Geelong and has become known as a trusted resource in the region. Richard services and supports many long-standing businesses and organisations in the community.
Richard’s strong focus on valuations and corporate finance services sees him regularly providing reports required for hearings at the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court. Richard works with Geelong’s leading law firms, medical professionals, professional service firms, primary producers, retailers and the not-for-profit sector.
His ongoing passion for the Greater Geelong region motivates him to provide substantial support to many community organisations throughout the region.
- Business and individual tax advice and compliance
- Structuring for tax effectiveness and asset protection
- Capital Gains Tax and small business CGT concessions
- Business valuations and litigation assistance services for family law and other purposes
- Business restructuring
- Medical industry
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs)
- Not-for-profit sector
- Deakin University Council Director
- Deakin University Audit and Risk Committee Chair
- Kardinia Health Ltd Founding Director
- Geelong Try Boys Inc Treasurer (Life member)
- The Geelong College Foundation Ltd Director
- Active Geelong Ltd Founding Director
- Bibury Trust (Trustee)
- Genyus Foundation Director
Previous positions held:
- Anglesea Surf Lifesaving Club Director (2011 to 2022)
- Anglesea Surf Lifesaving Club Foundation Director (2011 to 2022)
- The Geelong College Director (Finance) for The Geelong College Council (2001 to 2013)